Match the idiom to its correct explanation
1. The lights are on but nobody’s home.
2. When pigs fly.
3. It’s a piece of cake.
4. To pig out.
5. Everything but the kitchen sink.
6. To put a sock in it.
7. To have a cast iron stomach.
8. To drink like a fish.
9. To kill two birds with one stone.
10. It takes one to know one.
a) used to describe a stupid person
b) to eat a lot very quickly
c) to tell someone noisy to be quiet
d) almost everything has been included
e) to drink heavily
f) to express disbelief
g) to have no problems eating or drinking anything
h) to get two things done in a single action.
i) you’re just as bad as I am.
j) it’s really easy
The solution, with examples, will follow next week.