Alltagsrassismus ist tief verwurzelt, Alltagsrassismus begegnet uns überall. Bei Englisch nach [...]Weiterlesen >
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. So, for all you lonely hearts out there, here is some top notch help in romantic English.
For anyone out there who is learning English, or speaks English as a foreign language, this post is for you! These are 10 of the best ways that you can pick up a date in English. And these aren’t jokes! Try them and let us know how things go.
1. “I’m going out on a limb here–but you seem like a fun person. What’s your name?”
A tip about introductions: be authentic! Tell the him or her why you’re addressing them. Saying you’re “going out on a limb” lets him know you were interested enough to do something brave.
2. “This might make you laugh a little, but–well, you have a beautiful smile. Can we see each other again some time?
If you haven’t gotten to know your potential date yet, you can always say something sweet. Complimenting someone’s smile can be a big hit. One tip: ask for someone’s number AFTER you have already set a date, place and time to meet again. Asking before can give the impression that you’re just after the digits.
3. “Okay, don’t laugh, BUT, if you were a book at Barnes and Noble, what book would you be?”
You could also ask what kind of movie or song your date would be; the idea is to start with a question that makes your new friend laugh, relax, and open up about his or her personality.
4. “You seem really cool! I’d like to get to know you better.”
You don’t always have to say something elaborate. If you really want to get to know someone better, just say so! Just telling the truth lets the other person know you respect them.
5. “You know, it’s really hard to find people who care about [SOMETHING] the way you do.”
Whatever you have been talking about, just insert that topic for [SOMETHING]. Saying nice things about her work for a cause makes her feel admired! If you respect her causes and beliefs, she knows she has a better chance of getting along with you.
6. ” Would you like to go hiking/swing-dancing/cliff diving/inner tubing with me?”
Group activities are a great icebreaker. Doing an activity where there are often other people around will take the pressure off your date and let him or her relax more–but pick something your date will remember, not something you do frequently!
7. “I’d love to get to know you better. Would you like to have lunch?”
A lot of people invite a first date to dinner, which is actually not the best idea. Lunch is more relaxed and gives you more space to get to know someone.
8. “I’ve never met anybody quite like you.”
Everyone likes to hear that they’re special. Just tell them!
9. “I have to leave now, but I had fun talking to you–I want to see you again.”
A tip about goodbyes: saying goodbye first leaves your prospect wanting just a little more of you. Don’t fight a natural situation, though; if you’re having a good time, stay and enjoy!
10. “I have no idea what to say to you. I just know that I like you, and I want to get to know you better.”
This is the bravest, most wonderful thing to say. At the end of it all, you’re sitting there, he or she is great, and you want to see more of them–but you can’t remember tips 1-9. Be brave and be honest; openness impresses.
Try some of these out and let us know what happens!
Oder Kontaktieren Sie uns Per Telefon oder MailUnser Angebot richtet sich ausschließlich an Unternehmenskunden